I know that I’ve taken a little hiatus from blogging…my bad. But know that I have been thinking of it often and fondly. The reason for my mini break? Well, first off in early August I was laid off my job. Boo. So while I was chopping my hair, and building tables I was simultaneously on the job hunt. Good news readers, I finally landed a full time position! (not too many opportunities for Interior Designers these days – so I feel quite lucky).
I’m now working as an Interior Designer and Architectural Draftsperson at a firm that I actually happened to intern at more than 4 years ago! The biggest perk: it’s literally 3 blocks from my house. SCORE! Picture me walking (which is one of my all time favorite things to do – call me weird – whatever!) up three blocks to work, home for lunch and time with the Ceed Cedarski and then back home again. This not only cuts down on gas or time wasted driving to work, but I get exercise to boot! I said it before, I’ll say it again: SCORE!
Another reason I had to take a little break from blogging was because (spoiler alert – this might get a little too personal for ya) I have actually spent the past two weeks recovering from 2 horrific spider bites. Spider bites. Yea, I said it. Horrific.
Let’s just say it consisted of:
- a doctors trip
- 3 emergency room trips
- spider bites turned staph infections
- a swollen “pregnant lady” foot
- having to lay on the sofa for 3 straight days with my leg elevated (this included one insanely uncomfortable night – side note: no idea how some of our guests prefer to sleep on my sofa than the guest room bed)
- 2 antibiotics (one of which I have to take in the middle of the night and the instructions read ‘Do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking this medication’. Has anyone ever had this on a medication before? So bizarre!? Not to mention, I haven’t had a solid, uninterrupted nights sleep in over a week.)
- Loss of appetite and nausea.
Happy 6th Birthday Allie! I love you the more than the most!